Today, there are lots of different siding materials to choose from for your home, but at Carolina Home Remodeling, we believe vinyl is your best bet. In addition to being affordable, vinyl siding looks great on any style home. Here are some other things you may not know about it:
1. Vinyl siding expands and contracts in hot and cold weather (as much as 3/4 of an inch!). That’s why we make sure that when we install your siding, it has room “move” without cracking or breaking during temperature changes.
2. On average, vinyl siding is more affordable than traditional wood siding, fiber cement siding, stone siding, and even aluminum siding.
3. Vinyl siding was first produced commercially in the 1930s, but didn’t become popular until the 1970s.
4. Steel siding, aluminum siding, and wooden siding are susceptible to things like rust, rot, chipping, fading, and/or peeling. Vinyl, however, is resistant to all of these things.
5. Most manufacturers build their vinyl siding to be able to withstand winds of up to 110 miles per hour.
6. Vinyl is the number one siding material choice among homeowners in the U.S. Most people choose it because it’s affordable, durable, and requires virtually no maintenance.
7. Colored vinyl siding will last much longer than traditional exterior house paint and won’t require touch-ups or re-staining.
8. Want to wash your vinyl siding? All you need is a garden hose, a soft brush, and a mild cleaner. But before you start, check with the siding manufacturer. Some treatments may void your warranty.
9. A “square” of siding refers to a measure of 10 feet by 10 feet (or 100 square feet).
10. At Carolina Home Remodeling, we offer not only the highest quality of siding, but also the highest quality of workmanship for your complete satisfaction.